Thursday 7 October 2010

Appreciating Springtime - part 1

So, life in sunny Queensland is definitely sunny. Spring has sprung and the temperature is slowly creeping up.

For the first couple of years in Aus I didn't really notice the change in seasons - to me is was either sunny and hot, or sunny and really hot! Now I realise that I am appreciating the slight changes in the landscape and noticing the differences around me. One of the things that I look forward to is the emergence of the jacaranda blooms. I think I read somewhere that these trees were introduced to Australia and are native to tropical South American countries, and they bloom here in Brisbane in October and November. It's wonderful to be walking or driving along and all of a sudden you glimpse a shot of purple amongst the green.There is a funny looking tree on our walk to school that we've nicknamed the witch tree as one branch is just like a witches broom. Come October, this tree transforms itself to a glorious burst of lavender purple colour.

My camera is with husband at the moment and the laptop has been playing funny games, so this is a short post. I'll take some photos of springtime here in Brisbane and post them soon. No Welsh yellow daffodils, but still some pretty amazing colours.

Tonight I'm going to see a production of 'Miss Saigon' by Ignatians Musical Society. Their 'Les Miserables' last year was impressive, so it should be a good night.
  
 It's coffee time now - yn dymuno bore da i bawb, wishing you all a good morning x

P.S. I actually made this coffee. My cousin was so impressed that he took a photo - good thinking as I've made a heart in a coffee.............once!

2 Comments and thoughts:

  1. I don't know which one to choose? Very well done with the coffee's signature heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the jacaranda season, Bethan. I did a post on it if you're interested. They really gladden your heart, don't they? J x

    ReplyDelete