Friday 7 January 2011

When was the last time we did this?

 


Last night husband and I had the rare opportunity to go out together...just the two of us.

I can't quite remember the last time that happened - sad isn't it?

We decided on a cinema evening and eventually settled on a showing of 'The King's speech'


I was a little worried that husband would doze off halfway through - partly because he's not really into that kind of a history film, but mostly because it didn't start until 9 pm and he's not known for staying up late (unlike me). I did notice that he had a coffee before we left home and whilst I ordered a glass of wine, he opted for...another coffee!

Anyhow, great film and I would thoroughly recommend it. The plot and storyline isn't particularly riveting, but the acting is superb. Helps that Colin Firth is the lead....oh, and Helena Bonham Carter is very convincing in her role too!

Whilst we were waiting to go into the cinema we got talking about the last time that the two of us went to see a film together.
Believe it or not we concluded that it was 'Little Voice' - (Jane Horrocks, Ewan McGregor, Michael Caine). We saw it in January 1999!!
The film before that was 'Sleepers' - (Brad Pitt, Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro) and that was 1996!!

I think we need to get out more often!

Have a great weekend everyone,
...still raining in Brisbane...
x

2 Comments and thoughts:

  1. I saw the King's Speech last weekend. I loved it and heartily recommended it to all my friends too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely time, isn't it? Enjoy the gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete